There’s nothing worse than spending a lot of money on your internet bill, only to get it reimbursed at the end of the month. That’s why it’s always annoying when you apply to work at a new company, only to find out that they don’t reimburse your Internet expenses (even though your new supervisor tells you otherwise). So what can you do? If you think the company would be better off if they did reimburse your Wi-Fi bill, here are some things to consider before asking them to start doing so.
To become a startup co-founder, you must be willing to take the initiative, be self-motivated, and very active in your entrepreneurial endeavors. This includes being open-minded, motivated, and ready to learn from mistakes and setbacks. Be sure not to fall victim to rejection, which is easy for entrepreneurs since everyone has an idea of how things should go in their minds. Startups are not for everyone because there is no recipe for success when it comes down to it.
Job seekers and new graduates often have to accept lower-than-desirable salaries, or they’re forced to work unpaid internships. So while you shouldn’t be afraid to negotiate your salary during an interview, asking whether you’ll be reimbursed for your internet bill is just pushing it.
So let’s get started with the story quickly:
- This incident came to light when the Co-founder of an Ed-tech startup posted about this on his LinkedIn profile. He said his company was hiring a candidate for a job role with a package of around 10.5 LPA.
- According to him, this was a good offer for the Candidate, and also, the salary hike given by the company was quite significant compared to the Candidate’s previous package.
- The interview was going quite well, but suddenly things changed when the Candidate asked a question to the Co-founder of the company and the question was “If the company will reimburse her Wi–fi bills”. This question somehow changed the mind of the Co-founder about that Candidate, and he instantly rejected her.
- According to him, he cannot hire a candidate in his company with these requests. This incident was surely a bit harsh for the Candidate as she would have never expected this was coming in her wildest dreams. Also, these kinds of incidents are not a good sign for the work culture of any organization.
- Work culture is an important aspect of any organization. A company or an organization with fair work culture prospers. A healthy relationship between the employer and the employee is highly productive and beneficial for the company in the long run.
- There should be a respectful relationship between them. A respectful and healthy relationship between the employer and employee will avoid conflicts and misunderstandings. This will eventually contribute to the growth of the business.
- Every organization must have open communication between the employer and the employee. This plays an important role in the success of any organization or company.
- We know this is a kind of unbelievable incident for you, but these things keep happening around the globe.
- The interviewers and the management should try to do a little consideration for the freshers as they are having a completely new experience in this job industry. You cannot expect a fresher to have traits like a working professional with many years of industry experience.